sometime actually most of the time when I work, I feel myself so lucky that I have the opportunity to work (one thing should be clear: here work means which will bring you some money, food or fame or some other materialistic benefits). Leisure is good but it’s a really awful when you don’t have anything to do for a long time. So let us discuss how to make opportunities to work and definitely I’ll talk here from the perspective of a graphic designer.
1. Most importantly you need a job… no matter how much they are paying you. You need a platform to learn and show your talent.
2. It’s my belief that in this universe very few people are extra ordinary talented… real creative and definitely I am not among them. So when I work I never try to do any extra ordinary thing… don’t think that this work is going to be a milestone… I just try to understand what the client wants to say, I try to imagine a visual which ten other ordinary people also able to do. It always helps to reduce the pressure of the work.
3. Don’t be silent… share your ideas with your friends, colleagues… even sometime with the rickshaw pullers. It’ll help you to expand your work scope.
4. Patience is too important for a designer… there is no alternative. So keep practicing typography lot… it’ll help you to increase your skill and patience both.
5. Don’t give up any scope of work unless you are in a huge pressure. Sometime work just as volunteer… it helps building reputation.
Ha ha ha… so clever and wise writing! Did I ever follow any of these? I know you have your own way of working. Just keep the faith on you… you’ll be the part of the next history…